Friday, February 15, 2013

Model Cars

Model cars. 7"x5" Oil on board.
Available affordable art at nigelmasonart@yahoo.co.uk 

This painting is of three model cars that I have picked up over the years. I'm not a collector of models or a dealer but occasionally I see something that takes my fancy for whatever reason and if it costs no more than 20p I buy it. I have no idea if the models are worth anything - they are chosen because of colour, shape, texture or out of sentiment.
Sometimes I look them up on the net and can be suprised.
The red Rolls Royce, for instance is a cheap plastic model with "made in Hongkong" NO 103 embossed on the underside. It was made as a copy of a Dinky model in the '60s - it's worth about £9.00!

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying this little gem Nigel-thanks, B

    ReplyDelete